Enterprise Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
My client is a leading Asset Manager in London currently expanding their Risk & Compliance function. They are looking for an experienced professional with background in Operational Risk to join their Enterprise Risk team focused on Investment management.
- Develop and embed a risk management culture within the firm worldwide,
- Deliver and maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework that provides appropriate support for the business to make risk-based decisions
- Equip the business to effectively and efficiently manage their risks through the implementation and embedding of a robust risk assessment methodology
- Ensure appropriateness and transparency of risk information reported to the Board Risk Committee (BRC), the Executive Committee (ExCo) and other relevant governance committees
Desired Skills Summary:
- Operational risk experience within Asset Management
- Knowledge of trading processes + past exposure to the Front office
- Ability to manage difficult stakeholders
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level with relevant industry experience
- Professional qualification preferred but not essential e.g. IMC, CFA, IRM etc.
- Good understanding of the financial services industry; asset management experience preferred
- Very good understanding of risk management methodologies and techniques
- Very good planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to effectively network, influence and maintain relationships
- Very good writing and verbal communication and ability to adapt delivery style to various audiences
- Pro-active and self-sufficient with ability to escalate where appropriate
- High standards of delivery and very good presentation skills
- Ability to explain and simplify complex concepts and methodologies
- Ability to be resilient and stay motivated under pressure or facing tight deadlines
- Willingness to continuously learn and develop oneself to maintain industry and technical knowledge
- Pragmatic, with a business oriented approach
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.