Enterprise Risk Services - Manager - Credit Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Services - Manager - Credit Risk Location: London Salary Level: Competitive Our Financial Services Risk team deal with some of the biggest names in globalized financial services, dealing with some of the most complex issues in business. If you have an ambitious vision for your career, you will find everything you need to realize it here.
Within the Financial Services practice, the ERS team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across credit risk, operational risk, market risk, insurance risk and risk technology.
The Enterprise Risk Services provide our Banking and Investment and Asset Management clients with support in improving their overall risk frameworks, governance and systems:
- Designing their end-to-end risk management frameworks, strategies, appetite, methodologies and policies
- Structuring their governance and organisational architecture and target operating models
- Appraising and reshaping their credit processes around rating evaluations, sanctioning, decision making, portfolio monitoring, collection and recovery, provisioning and write-offs, debt work-out, etc.
- We are looking to grow our team further across all our sub competency teams as more clients turn to us to provide them with support in improving their overall risk frameworks, governance and systems.
The Manager role
As a Financial Services Credit Risk Manager, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and identify and escalate potential high impact opportunities. You'll lead presentations and proposals for medium complex projects, and provide subject matter insight and expertise to bids and proposals. An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You'll also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for Ernst & Young on existing engagements.
You'll articulate and deliver overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems.
Driving improvements in EY advisory business processes, you'll be a role model for Quality & Risk Management and ensure project teams understand and comply with EY Q&RM guidelines. You'll communicate effectively to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help the team build sustainable competencies.
- Key client and people responsibilities
- Lead and/or deliver credit risk client engagements
- Prepare reports and deliverables to clients
- Support the financial aspects of client engagements
- Work effectively as a team leader sharing responsibility, providing support and maintaining communication
- Lead and/or support solution and proposal development
- Conduct performance reviews as appropriate and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including training, recruiting and retaining ERS professionals
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Substantial experience within either a professional services / consulting firm or within a Banking environment
- Strong academics including at least a 2.1 degree or equivalent (e.g., MBA, Master or Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, CFA or a related field)
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and oral) with clients and internally
- Experience in working with credit risk in financial services risk disciplines with clear insights of best practice and credit risk frameworks, in particular:
End-to-end credit risk policy, governance, processes, controls and MI specifically in retail, commercial, corporate or investment banking (e.g., governance and organisation, credit risk appetite, relationship management, credit assessment, sanctioning, decisioning, loan administration, portfolio management, impairment and provision, collection and recovery)
- Capital management (regulatory capital, ICAAP and economic capital)
- Impairment modelling, management and forecasting - Focus areas: the existing and IFRS 9 accounting standards, asset quality (provisioning adequacy) assessment.
- Credit risk models (PD, LGD, EAD, scorecards)
- Good understanding of the Basel II and III (CRD IV requirements) credit risk regulatory framework
- RWA calculation under Basel 2 & 3 Focus areas (governance, policy, process and control)
- Stress testing and scenario analysis
- Credit risk data and systems
- Understanding of the retail, commercial, and/or corporate portfolio, business and products.
- A sound understanding of the target market and demonstrate an awareness of the drivers of business decision-making within the banking and financial service industry
- Strong communication and relationship building skills are essential
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Strong management skills including project management and engagement management
- Statistic skills, knowledge of SAS or SQL, credit risk management software would be advantageous
The role will be based in EY's More London Place offices in Canary Wharf and you may be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK and overseas
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.