Enterprise Risk Services, Market Risk, Senior Consultant (FRTB)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Services, Market Risk, Senior Consultant (FRTB) Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY is currently looking for a Senior Consultant to join the Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) Market Risk team in our Canary Wharf offices. The team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across market and counterparty risk, liquidity, credit risk, operational risk, insurance risk and risk technology. Recent examples of work carried out include large scale regulatory change programmes (including FRTB, IHC, stress testing), capital efficiency initiatives, changes to booking models and legal entity structures.
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a key focus area for the practice and part of the broader Corporate and Investment Banking Transformation Solutions. FRTB regulations have a significant impact on the front to back market risk management capabilities and technology landscape of global investment banks. EY has been an early mover on FRTB and has been extensively helping our clients mobilise strategic change and regulatory compliance programmes across business and technology.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant in the team you can expect to be involved in the following activities:
- Participate in engagements and ensure quality of the work delivered to clients
- Understand the range of EY service offerings and actively see opportunities to develop new solutions and better serve clients
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of the client agenda with examples of this reflected in findings and work
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
Skills and attributes for success
- Credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding on market and/or counterparty credit risk (CVA) management topics
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with managing expectation of both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the growth of EY's market solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in a well-developed risk management infrastructure, ideally gained within the financial services institution as in an advisory role, or in the regulation of such institution
- Good knowledge of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions
- Knowledge of market risk measurement and management - such as risk management processes and frameworks including governance, risk appetite, limits, identification, measurement, monitoring, reporting, supporting data and infrastructure
- Strong academic background with at least a Bachelor's degree
Ideally you'll also have:
- Prior experience within a consultancy role would be highly advantageous
- Professional qualification such as FRM, CFA - or in the process of studying towards qualification
- Knowledge of counterparty credit risk would be an advantage
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.