Enterprise Risk Services, MiFID, Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Services, MiFID, Manager Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY is currently looking for a Manager to join the Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) in our Canary Wharf offices. The team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across market and counterparty risk, liquidity, credit risk, operational risk, insurance risk and risk technology. Recent examples of work carried out include large scale regulatory change programmes (including FRTB, IHC, stress testing, MiFID), capital efficiency initiatives, changes to booking models and legal entity structures.
To meet our aggressive growth plans, we are looking for motivated individuals with extensive experience in capital markets, able to work with leading global clients at senior levels, spanning all areas of their business, and liaise with colleagues across EY's full range of service lines to provide comprehensive solutions. Candidates will have demonstrable experience of regulatory processes within investment banks, an ability to think of creative solutions to problems, and a successful track record of project delivery.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in the team you can be involved in the following activities:
- Participating on high quality delivery on a client assignment, usually as part of an on-site project team
- Building long-term trusted relationships with our clients
- Managing project risk, quality and financials
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for new business by aiding proposals and bid teams
- Supporting EY practice and people development activities (e.g. recruitment, counselling)
- Working closely with other functions and teams to build a strong network
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with managing expectation of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and appetite to drive business development and contribute to the growth of EY's market solutions
- Ability to focus on the right issues and work in a high pressure environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record in the capital markets industry, gained in a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy, or within the Compliance or Control function of a top tier bank
- In depth understanding of one or more capital markets product and functional areas (including OTC and exchange traded/listed derivatives, equity and fixed income securities, repo/stock lending, commodities and FX, operational risk and controls, operational metrics, front office, trading venues, reference data, client on-boarding, confirmations, settlements, asset servicing, trade management, prime services)
- Analysis and implementation of changes driven by global regulatory reform: MiFID I and II Trade and Transaction Reporting
- Practical knowledge of FCA and PRA regulatory requirements for core Capital Markets
- Good understanding of end to end process flows for the various capital markets participants (broker/dealers, asset managers, prime brokers, custodians, market infrastructure)
- Large scale project and programme management
- Operating Model Design - Target Operating Model, Organisational Design, Functional Architecture, Locational Model, Application Architecture, Sourcing Models, Onshoring/Offshoring, Industry Utility Models
- Process Improvement - Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow, Exception Processing, Process Control Review and Design, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Modelling, Process Metrics
Ideally you'll also have:
- It would be helpful if you have experience in any of the following: EMIR/Dodd Frank Reporting Volcker/FRTB/CSDR/T2S, FATCA/FTT/CRS, KYC/AML, RRP/Client assets/Best Execution/Investor Protection
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.