Entity Reference Data Analyst
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Entity Reference Data Analyst role will sit within Fitch's Global Content Operations (GCO) organization and will work to maintain the Fitch Entity Master database and support new requirements by working closely with outsource providers as well as internal stakeholders . The role will manage day-to-day production needs as required, implement data quality initiatives, oversee and enhance the content set to meet business needs, establish appropriate governance standards and policies for data management, and ensure relevant SLA commitments and product metrics are measured and met.
The Entity Reference Data Analyst will work closely with Product, Operational and delivery teams across Fitch Group and will report to the Global Content Team Leader. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and experience:
- Maintain Entity level content for all downstream consumers, ensuring high data quality and adherence to policies
- Define and implement data quality checks and regularly publish metrics
- Provide content set domain knowledge and expertise to assist with business challenges and data-related queries and client support
- Establish procedures and policies to ensure data accuracy and coverage levels, and ensure robust documentation is in place and training is provided to support all aspects of good data governance
- Evaluate and recommend data definition standards to be deployed across Fitch Group for Entity data usage and interpretation
- Participate in workshops and requirements review sessions with key stakeholders to understand data-related problems and help design fit-for-purpose solutions
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Outsource Providers, IT and Project Management teams on all aspects of Entity data collection and help drive end-to-end management of prioritized and agreed deliverables through from inception to implementation
- Ensure data collection tasks are delivered against agreed deadlines, and regular updates provided to management and programme and project leads
- Seek, initiate and drive continuous improvements to data support processes and procedures
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in parallel and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of how data quality affects business decisions
- Aptitude for translating client and business requirements into detailed content or technical deliverables
- Financial, economic or business-related degree or equivalent experience
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .