Equities Investment Risk and Portfolio Construction Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters UK
- 21 Sep 17 2017-09-21
A leading global investment management firm based in Central London is seeking a junior risk analyst to join their Portfolio Construction and Risk team covering Equities portfolios. This is a for a candidate with some experience in a previous risk role within investment management, a quantitative academic background and some programming skills.
The team is responsible for independent oversight of the M&G equity portfolios and provide reassurance to senior management that funds are being managed in line with their objectives. The Portfolio Risk Analyst will assist fund managers in maximising alpha from bottom-up stock selection.
As a Risk Analyst in this team you will be responsible for:
- Working with the senior risk analysts in their interaction with fund managers across Equity investment strategies
- Production of risk materials to be used as part of regular risk catch up meetings with individual fund managers and desks.
- Responding to ad-hoc requests for risk analysis from interested parties such as fund managers, investment specialists and senior management.
- Regular monitoring and independent review of portfolios to identify any style drift, risk changes or potential emerging risks.
- Ad-Hoc project work aimed at enhancing the Portfolio Construction & Risk team's analysis and improving working efficiency
- Undertaking of independent research aimed at uncovering portfolio/market risk insights which can aid fund managers in improving the investment management process.
- Contribution to project work relating to investment risk process i.e. implementation of new risk models or vendors
Candidates with the following should apply:
- Experience in an investment risk role within financial services, preferably being an asset manager.
- Knowledge of modern portfolio theory
- Previous experience with using Equity fundamental and statistical risk models (such as Axioma, BlackRock Aladdin risk models, Barra etc).
- You will show a good understanding of equity markets and equity fundamentals; familiarity with bottom-up active equity portfolio management.
If you would like more details on this role please speak with Harriet King on 02075098258 or alternatively via email email@example.com.