Equities Research - Associate Analyst
- Competitive salary
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- T. Rowe Price International
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
The Equities Research Associate Analyst supports both Portfolio Managers and Analysts in their Investment decisions. The position involves attending company meetings, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses. The successful candidate should have modeling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled a keen interest and passion for investing.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Handles various projects such as analysis of competitive funds, managing stock watch lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Portfolio Managers and Analysts that help make them more effective in their buy/sell decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities. Keen interest in investing.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a good writer. Preferred: Personal and/or professional investment experience (i.e. internships)
- CFA qualification or in progress
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)