Equities Research - Associate Analyst - Emerging Markets
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Equities Research Associate Analyst supports both Portfolio Managers and Analysts in their Investment decisions. The position involves attending company meetings, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses. The successful candidate should have modelling experience and working knowledge of accounting and finance coupled a keen interest and passion for investing. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Handles various projects to help Portfolio Managers and Analysts more effective in their investment decisions. These can include: - In depth industry and security analysis; Managing stock watch lists and generating ideas; quantitative and qualitative screening; building comp sheets; alternative data analysis.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, ratio analysis and other valuation techniques.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and in company meetings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Producing written research on companies and industries and helping with presentation of ideas.
- Academic excellence.
- Minimum of 2 years' professional experience ideally from investment management, sell-side equity research, investment banking or private equity.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- Proven and demonstratable interest in investing.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and a good writer.
- CFA qualification or in progress is an advantage
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.