Equity Capital Markets - Financial Institutions Group - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s European Equity Capital Markets practice has consistently been the leader across equity issuance products such as IPOs, capital increases, accelerated share placings and equity-linked products. Our team has been a partner of trust for many of Europe’s most high-profile financial, corporate and private equity clients and is a leader in terms of idea generation, execution advice and co-operation with a world-class Equities distribution platform.
The European Financial Institutions investment banking market, in particular, continues to be one of our top focus areas, with the clear aim to continue dominating equity issuance in the sector in Europe.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced junior banker with between two and four years of full-time investment banking or ECM work experience to join our Financial Institutions European Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team, based in London.
- Providing client-facing input on marketing and execution of various types of equity and equity-linked capital markets offerings
- Liaising with equities sales, research and trading to discuss sector- and stock-specific trends and investor feedback
- Frequent interaction with our London based FIG investment banking coverage and public equity teams
- Attending team discussions and where appropriate client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
- Stepping up in a very lean team structure and lead with ideas and pro-activity rather than being reactive
- Previous full-time employment in a top tier investment bank in Equity Capital Markets. Any previous FIG experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential; fluency in other European languages a plus but not a pre-requisite
- Desire to consistently outperform in terms of intensity, teamwork and pro-activity
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CN1