Equity Derivative Exotics Trade Support - AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage Morgan Stanley's Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
The Trade Support team are responsible for providing support to the Equity Exotics & Structured Notes Trading desks for the issuance & lifecycle management of their Note & Certificate business and OTC's.
- People management
- Conducting 1-1's and performance reviews
- Managing control framework to mitigate operational risk
- Managing day-to-day team functions
- Calculating Complex Payoffs for Exotic OTC's & Structured Products
- Deal verification of Trade Booking to Termsheets or documentation
- Processing lifecycle management for Note and Certificate business.
- Daily reconciliation and clearance of position/product & internal accounting breaks
- Acting as escalation point for Trading & Sales
- Interacting with other internal support areas such as Finance, Treasury, Settlements and Legal
- Represent the team in the strategic agenda and market initiatives
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and work closely with Projects to implement mandatory changes to Trade Support processes
- Ownership of project completion including Business Requirement Doc reviews; Test case validation; Test evidence signoff
- Facilitating business enablement by partnering with the Business unit to on-board new products & flows
- Co-ordination of NPA/PRG approvals for New Product Sign-off
- Business Critical Support of the Algo Indices Business
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Basic knowledge of Complex derivatives, specifically Structured Products and Exotic OTC's
- Familiarity and experience with the front-to-back lifecycle of derivative products.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly.
- Ability to think laterally, and recognise opportunities for system/process improve
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.