Equity Derivative Strategist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP paribas UK
- 03 Jul 18 2018-07-03
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 45 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Department purpose / objectives:
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
Purpose of the position:
The Equity & Derivative Strategy Team works on the Trading floor, in close collaboration with Sales, Trading, Structuring and Cross Asset Research teams. The successful candidate will help the delta one initiative if the Equity Derivatives strategy department by helping the team in thematic research and trade idea creation and client marketing.
Specific Responsibilities of Role:
Help the team with both client marketing and internal marketing via regular phone calls and physical presentations.
Help the team develop delta-1 strategies relating to ETFs, Futures/swaps, index reshuffle, dividends and custom baskets
Able to help us program/build quantitative models and automated screens, preferably in Python
Help the sales team with regular client requests and increase internal awareness of research & strategy team’s views and trade ideas
Competencies required for the role:
- Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities (and FXLM Principles) and Guidelines. Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions he/ she managers
Essential personal skills
- Effective communicator who can align people to the broader vision for the business whether they are directly managed or simply influenced by the individual in question
- Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
- Displays dedication & prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
- Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
- Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
- Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.