- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Equity Derivatives Automation Strats - Assoc/VP level
London based Our client are looking for a new VP to join the desk strats team and work across their range of systems and applications which are vital to the daily activity of the Equity Derivatives businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team and help to transform the way they price, trade and risk manage Equity Derivatives products.
They are a team of desk strats who work to transform the Equities business by automating the key decisions taken every day. The team has a wide remit including automatic quoting, optimizing hedging decisions and developing algorithms to trade equity derivatives on European exchanges. They also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor.
- Model and predict equity volatility surfaces using state of the art technology and techniques. Ensure these systems are highly performant, reliable, and scalable, fitting vol surfaces from hundreds of thousands of listed options.
- Automate pricing, hedging and execution of Equity Derivatives products in real time systems used for fast and high volume processing.
- Design, develop and support highly reliable systems across a range of technologies in a structured, disciplined and fast-moving environment.
- Improve execution quality and automated decision making with a focus on data analysis and a scientific approach to systems development.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the full range of Equity Derivatives products from simple options through to structured products. Understand pricing considerations, risk measures, PnL and the hedging process.
- Pro-actively automate business workflows and improve or build highly reliable tools which support the day to day operation of our Equity Derivatives trading desk.
- Work closely with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as part of project work and support responsibilities.
- Experience working on applications that fit real time and arbitrage free volatility surfaces, ideally for equities.
- PhD/Master degree in a quantitative, computer science or engineering degree.
- Exceptional programming skills in an object oriented or functional language (for example Java/C++/Python/Scala).
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java, Scala or Python.
- At least 4 years' experience, preferably in a front office trading environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of Equity Derivatives products pricing, risk and trading.
- Experience programming distributed or low latency systems.
- Experience with statistical analysis of computational or business data.