Equity Derivatives Strat - Market Intelligence/Data Scientist - Assoc/VP level. London based. My client is looking for a strategist for its Flow Equity Derivative Strat team.
Equity Derivatives Strat - Market Intelligence/Data Scientist - Assoc/VP level
My client is looking for a strategist for its Flow Equity Derivative Strat team. Desk strategists are key participants, together with traders and sales people, in the revenue-generating activities of the Sales & Trading Division. Desk strategists sit on the trading desk, are the primary modellers for new products, and team with the traders to deliver innovative ideas using models to analyse risks and opportunities in trading books. You will be part of the front office team and will focus on analysis of market, flow, and other data, and on building alerts & reports for monitoring of signals and trade ideas.
- Work closely with traders to analyse data sets with an aim to assist decision making & increase efficiency in trading.
- Clean, analyse, and visualize large data sets.
- Investigate signals and alerts to spot market opportunities in a systematic and efficient way.
- Work closely with other teams (IT/Research) to expose data sets that are of interest to trading.
- Communicate clearly signals and trade ideas to the trading team.
- A degree in a quantitative subject such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics.
- Experience in analysis and visualisation of large data sets.
- Strong background in statistics and proficient in programming for the purpose of data analysis (R, Python, Matlab).
- Experience working on trading strategies is a plus.
- Drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both written and verbal English.