Equity Derivatives Technologist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Partners
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
The existing platform provides order management, price distribution, trade capture, derivative price discovery and pre\post trade analytics via thick-client, internal only, application.
- The role will be for increased Systems Integration work to enhance the existing Equity Derivatives product, which consists of several services, mostly C# some Java.
- Implementing new features Server side, to improve scalability and reduce server footprints
- Maintain existing Winforms / WPF, improving UI workflow.
- Provide new supporting maintenance screens and new features using Web.
A strategic programme of work has been kicked off to migrate this to a MiFIDII compliant globally distributed, based on a micro-service design pattern, to move to an agile delivery model, and to implement an automated delivery pipeline from development to production.
The role will require technical leadership and innovation. There will also be periodic requirements to deliver tactical change or support outside this programme of work, as dictated by business priorities.
The responsibilities of the development team includes; technical discovery and design, management of the product backlog (ownership of the product - and all of the scope associated with the product - functional (trading, commercial, compliance, risk...) and non-functional (performance, scalability, resilience....), ownership of their own scrum (or other) delivery process, delivery of: data and data management, code, quality assurance, release and deployment, and liaison with stakeholders and managing feedback.
Skills / experience required:
Essential (5+ Years)
- C#, Java, Type Script, ES5/6, HTML5, CSS3
- Transports / Protocols
- HTTP(S), TCP/IP, DNS
- Web Hosting
- IIS, Node.JS
- NPM, Nuget, Git, Webpack
- XUnit, Mock, Karma, Jasmine
- SSL, OpenID, OAuth2
Methodologies / Patterns
- OO, SOLID
- Process / SDLC
- Agile, Scrum, Automation (CI/CD), TDD
- Micro Services, Docker, SPA, REST, SOA
Development / System Experience
- Micro services
- Winforms, WPF, Web Development
- UX design and implementation
- Pro-active in making technology and design choices.
- Ownership of full delivery scope.
- Confident in their ability, willing to challenge the status quo.
- Good communicator, able to present ideas and solutions to a wide audience.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve the development process or technical design.
- Track record of delivery in high pressure environments.
- GIT, TeamCity, Nexus, Octopus Deploy
- Docker , AWS, Linux
- RabbitMQ , Kafka
- Process Tooling
- Confluence, Slack, JIRA
- System Monitoring
- Beats, LogStash, Kibana
- Data and Persistence
- SQL/Server, ElasticSearch (NoSQL), JSON
Methodologies / Patterns
- Microservices, CQRS, Event Driven patterns, Event Sourcing, Real-time messaging / Push technologies
- Equity Derivative Front office trading
- Windows 10
- Visual Studio 2017