Equity Fund Manager
- Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Canada Life Limited
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fund Manager to join this successful office, working within an equity team of twelve and reporting to the Head of Equities. This is a small focused group of investment professionals with an autonomous, high conviction approach. In combination with a disciplined macroeconomic framework, this has generated strong performance over many years. You will be responsible for either UK or European equity portfolio management, providing investment management of specific portfolios.
Our Investments division, based in the heart of London, comprises a team of highly qualified specialists with approximately £2.5 billion of assets under management in equities
Duties will involve:
- Manage specified investment portfolios, within limits agreed by a Head of Fund Management, and in full accordance with statutory compliance requirements, in order to achieve superior relative returns.
- Research and monitor individual stock markets, companies and sectors in order to undertake suitable investments and to maintain the asset quality of existing portfolios.
- Contribute to departmental discussions on fund strategy and asset allocation, including economic and market forecasting, so that superior relative returns are maintained.
- Report on fund activity to enable the audience to gain a good understanding of the philosophy, strategy and tactics underlying the management of particular portfolios.
- Ensure that input to accounting systems is correct to facilitate accurate reporting and analysis.
- Marketing the fund to both an internal and external audience
- The ideal candidate will have a broad education in economics, investment and basic accounting techniques together with strong interpersonal skills and a can do attitude
- Have good wide-ranging relationships with external contacts and other professional advisers.
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Sufficient experience to confer immediate recognition by the relevant regulatory authority and be an approved person and registered with the FSA (as a CF30)