Equity Investment Strategist, Associate Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services
- 11 Oct 17 2017-10-11
Support the Partner and Fund Managers by providing structure and challenge within our collegiate decision-making process. Orchestrate the asset allocation and stock selection process
A European Professional Services firm
Fund Management Research:
- Construction of the economic and technical frameworks for the committees that are responsible for setting asset allocation weightings.
- Provide commentary on latest economic and political news and its potential impact on the markets.
- Direct the output of sector specialists in conjunction with other senior Fund Managers
- Provide the data analysis and assist with the preparation of strategy reports for fund managers
- Attend and present at public events regarding the outlook on financial markets
- Where applicable provide strategic advice on asset allocation to institutional and private client fund managers
- Attend broker meeting and conferences on economics, bonds, currencies and asset allocation.
- Able to articulate the key benefits and considerations of our proposition to potential clients and accurately evaluate whether our services are suitable for their circumstance
- Able to build relationships with third parties providing them with clear and accurate information on which to base their decisions
- Is able to differentiate the business from competitors, identifying opportunities for new initiatives
- Able to explain the divisional strategy, demonstrating how business should be conducted to achieve the desired goals
- Contributes to the achievement of the divisional strategy
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to at least degree level.
- Relevant professional qualification(s) e.g. CFA or CISI is desirable
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable knowledge with appropriate industry experience, buy side or sell side
- Strong numerical and spreadsheet skills, including regression, econometrics etc. Preferably able to use Datastream, Eikon, Bloomberg, but not essential.
- Ability to interpret complex economic data and their impact on markets across a range of countries and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work independently to develop and maintain lead indicators, and current tools like the scorecard to assist in the firm's investment decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience as a financial journalist an advantage.
- Fully conversant with FCA and PRA regulations and their practical application to this role.
Market Leading Package