Our client is a global asset manager based in the City. The responsibility of the Product Analyst is to conduct a wide variety of and complex research on market trends and competitors using internal as well as external databases and resources to benchmark and report on global equity product strategy, management, development, and positioning.
- Conducts product development and enhancement activities for a variety of existing International Equity Division products. Applies strong market knowledge and understanding of operational and regulatory constraints.
- Establishes relationships with operations, technology, risk, compliance, legal, etc., to ensure requirements are met during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
- Collaborates with investment, distribution, and product teams to identify the business case for new and existing International Equity Division offerings globally.
- Conducts analyses on client segments, competitive landscape, market and regulatory research, and industry environment. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of global equity segments, the marketplace, client needs, and the operational/regulatory environment.
- Serves as subject matter expert, acting as point of contact for more advanced internal inquiries about various global equity products.
- Often provides guidance to more junior associates within Product and throughout the organization.
- Must have experience within the Investment Management industry
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 5 or more years total relevant work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Software and Database skills - MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel), eVestment, Morningstar, SIMFUND, Lipper, Broadridge, Factset, Bloomberg, Mercer databases