Equity Research - Insurance - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
Equity Research – Insurance – Associate (3105302)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are committed to being an essential part of our client’s investment process and focus on risk-reward essentials to help clients validate their investment decisions. We know that the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success, and we all share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic. Our aim is to provide a workplace where people can learn, achieve and grow – a philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an integral part of our culture.
We are looking to hire an Associate, based in London, to;
- Join the highly ranked European Insurance team working with our senior analysts to help write world-class thematic, sector and company research
- Working with a team of analysts responsible for coverage of life and non-life Insurance companies
- Build, develop and maintain comprehensive financial models
- Cultivate strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Perform value-add analysis and interpret data on market and economic events to identify and describe trends
- Prepare pre and post-results updates on your covered companies
- Attend and report on corporate events, roadshows, company presentations and conferences
- Manage client requests and take ownership of workflow
- Intellectually curious and passionate about financial markets
- Genuine interest in insurance companies, the broader insurance industry and related trends
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal and written skills
- A team-player who enjoys knowledge sharing and collaborating with your colleagues
- Resourceful, a self-starter who enjoys taking initiative to deliver results with exceptional attention to detail
Skills required (essential)
- A top class undergraduate degree, or international equivalent, from a leading university
- Qualified ACA with exposure to Insurance companies and / or experience as an actuary
- Proven experience of financial modelling or evaluating companies
- Experience of Equity Research or accountancy
- A fantastic attitude and commitment to deliver the best service to clients
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 03/05/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.