Equity Research Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stockviews Limited
- 18 Sep 18
StockViews is looking for exceptional analysts and investors to join our firm. We want “second-level” thinkers – those capable of delivering insights that have been missed by others and who love uncovering mispriced securities.
StockViews is a rapidly growing London-based fintech firm with a mission to disrupt traditional sell-side research. Changes to the procurement of research under MiFID 2 are set to drastically change the landscape, favouring our offering of highly differentiated and independent research. Our analysts are fundamental, bottom-up stock pickers with a focused mandate to find mispricings in the market.
StockViews is looking for exceptional analysts and investors to join our firm. We want “second-level” thinkers – those capable of delivering insights that have been missed by others and who love uncovering mispriced securities. Our intense focus on individual stocks allows analysts to be set free from the constraints of maintenance results driven research. Our analysts have full autonomy to seek out the best opportunities in the market, looking across sectors. We believe in producing brutally honest research – both on the long and short side – and want to dig deeper than anybody else. Our analysts must have the desire to produce five in-depth reports each year. Our aim is to deliver the best, differentiated single stock research in the market.
Our client base consists of buy-side investment firms, wealth-managers and hedge funds and other institutions seeking outperformance in markets that are increasingly efficient in the large cap market, but suffer from inherent bias in the small/mid cap arena.
The position offers a competitive starting salary and the potential for partnership in our business.
We are looking for candidates who:
- can assess a company like a long-term owner of the business and identify key drivers.
- can formulate a differentiated thesis and identify what the market or consensus is missing
- understand financial accounting and modelling (preferably familiar with the McKinsey framework)
- can produce unique insights from publicly available documents and filings.
- can logically connect non-financial insights to financial impacts.
- can identify corporate governance and management issues and how they impact shareholder value.
- can communicate a complex thesis in a concise, conclusion-oriented manner.
- possess intellectual curiosity and a desire to continue learning
- are self-starters and can work independently
- CFA or ACA qualification or equivalent preferred.