Equity Strat / Quantitative Data Scientist - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Equities Division (IED) is looking for a strategist/quantitative data scientist for its IED Strats team, working closely with Trading to find patterns, signals and ideas that lead to the development of optimal trading & hedging strategies across the various equity asset classes.
- Achieved by utilising machine learning techniques in conjunction with Morgan Stanley’s large data sets.
- Play a key role in defining the Firm’s next generation big data platform, selecting the latest machine learning tools to be used by the team, and collaborate on the datasets to be either stored or purchased, cleaned and analysed.
- Work closely with both the broader Strats team and the Technology division.
- Success defined through key influence on the delivery of both the data science platform as well as using the platform to impact trading revenues.
Skills required (essential)
- A degree or equivalent in a quantitative subject such as Data Science, Mathematics, Physics or Statistics.
- Previous relevant experience within finance in a quantitative role that involves research on large data sets in a trading context.
- Good programming skills in an object oriented language applied within the library of a front office team.
- Drive and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.