Essbase Developer - Associate - Finance Technology
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Finance Technology team is looking for an Essbase Developer to build out of a new Management Reporting system spanning General Ledger and associated financials and planning. This is a high priority, high visibility initiative tasked with the implementation of a new reporting strategy at the firm.
Finance Technology is part of the Technology & Data department. This group is responsible for developing Finance applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities and Investment Banking. This group is responsible for IT systems that support the generation and substantiation of regulatory reports such as 10Q, 10K and management information packs.
The position requires a hands-on Essbase technologist with strong development experience including dealing with large data volumes, frequent loads, performance tuning and write back. Good communications (written/verbal) are needed to work with the global project team. The person should also be a self-starter able to drive tasks to completion independently.
- Build out of new renovated data sources being added to reporting platform
- Liaison with Finance clients to understand data requirements
- Full ownership of data lifecycle from cube modelling, load design, planning models, implementation and testing
- Data load, query performance tuning and write back across Essbase application
- Being able to work closely with people in different parts of the world such as, Mumbai, Pune, New York and London.
- Must have strong Essbase development experience including Smartview and Financial Reporting
- Experience with large Cube implementations
- Excellent MDX knowledge
- Excellent SQL knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to integrate optimally across technologies and solutions.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong data warehousing experience
- Scripting knowledge in either Shell, Perl, Python or comparable technologies
- Highly motivated to learn the business and new technologies
- Very independent technologist
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-JM1