European Investment Grade Credit Trader
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a European Investment Grade Credit Trader based in London. This individual will be responsible for trading significant amounts of European Investment Grade Credit assets for the firm, performing fixed income credit analysis and managing relationships with brokerage firms. The ideal candidate will have a background in fixed income and be familiar with flows, liquidity and opportunities that are present in the corporate credit market. This individual would be responsible for writing new issue recommendations to the trade floor. PIMCO has over EUR100billion in European Investment Grade credit exposure across all portfolios at the firm.
In addition to trading experience, this position requires strong relative value skills, general knowledge of portfolio/risk management and fixed income credit analysis with an overall interest in macroeconomics and quantitative analysis. Position Requirements:
- Strong academic credentials; MBA preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience in fixed income trading capacity
- European Investment Grade Credit trading experience preferred
- Excellent fixed income product knowledge and strong quantitative skills
- Ability to execute trades and coordinate information flow for the Global Credit Desk
- Understanding of basic fundamentals and concepts of portfolio/risk management
- Credit Derivative and Itraxx / credit options knowledge a plus
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally. Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies. Develop and manage external trading relationships.
- Ensure that securities trading programs are in compliance with individual accounts (in concert with Account Managers and Portfolio Managers)
- Ability to strategize with Portfolio Managers on methods of adding or reducing exposure in industries or individual credits
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office