- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Highly competitive market rate
- Full time
European Power & Gas Desk Strat – VP/ED level
The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading. The Strat teams reside within their Sales & Trading businesses including Equity, Fixed Income, and Commodities as well as their Banking businesses including Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets.
They are seeking an experienced Quant with strong technology skills to join the front office commodities strategies team. The successful individual will be involved in developing the new European Power and Gas business, and in supporting traders' daily operations.
Responsibilities include building and supporting pricing models and valuation tools to be used by the traders. The successful candidate must be a result-oriented problem solver, who can pick required math and finance knowledge as needed.
Skills required (essential):
- Proven prior experience with Power and Gas experience in European markets.
- Knowledge of Option pricing theory and Finance.
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong programming language skills: C++, Java, Scala, Q/KDB; and MS Excel experience at VBA level.
- Willingness to learn proprietary technologies and solutions.