- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Validus Risk Management
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
The Execution Trader role is responsible for delivering our trade execution advisory service to clients. We are looking for professional, articulate individuals with experience in trade execution and the ability to build relationships with senior decision makers (portfolio managers & CFOs). This is an ideal role for someone looking to further develop their career in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Execution Trader will be responsible for:
1. Executing FX Spots, FX Forwards, FX Options, Interest Rate Swaps and Caps on behalf of clients and providing execution advisory services to ensure Best Execution for clients.
2. Process enhancements and development research, for example CVA estimation techniques, TCA methodologies, systematic trading.
3. Managing and developing relationships with a small number of high value clients receiving the Validus retainer service including:
- Trade execution advisory services
- Counterparty onboarding with investment banks
- Technology platform
- Trade lifecycle supervision including associated operational processes
4. Ensuring quality of output across the desk, including training and supervising certain analysts to ensure a high attention to detail, and other aspects of the Validus retainer service delivery to ensure quality of output, for example training and monitoring Analysts to ensure a high attention to detail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. 3-7 years professional experience with a focus on execution and trade lifecycle.
2. Relevant undergraduate degree.
3. Exposure to buy-side clients.
4. Experience with trade execution of OTC derivatives in FX & Rates.
5. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to Bloomberg
6. Strong numerical and analytical skills.
1. Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-working environment.
2. Understanding of risk management in financial markets
3. Regulatory experience
4. Time management / ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines
5. Management and development of junior team members
6. Track record of business development
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with alternative investment funds and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for both personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Other benefits include a competitive remuneration package, pension contributions, regular social events, free parking, train ticket loans and financial support towards professional qualifications.
Validus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.