- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 03 May 18 2018-05-03
Opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Executive Assistant to join Wells Fargo's Commercial Real Estate division.
Commercial Real Estate lending has been considered as a core Competency of the Bank for many years and has been active in the UK for almost 25 years. It provides debt finance to a wide range of professional “Institutional” & “Sovereign” investors in Real Estate from the UK, US and elsewhere. As one of the largest non-indigenous lenders, the team is considered to be a leader in the provision of finance in the UK & Ireland where we are now seeking to grow our activities.
The Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate team has a new opportunity for a highly experienced, professional Senior Executive Assistant to support the Head of CRE, his deputy and two other Senior Managers. In addition to the EA duties the successful candidate would also have responsibility for the management of the administrative support team for the department.
The ideal candidate will possess high level EA duties skills, first class communication and relationship building skills and enjoy liaising with clients as well as mentoring and managing the secretarial and administrative team. This is varied role would suit a confident corporate EA that thrives in a fast paced corporate environment.
This opportunity will initially be based in Long Acre but the team will be relocating to King William Street in late 2018/early 2019.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Diary management for the Head of CRE, his Deputy and two other Senior Executives;
• To organise client and other corporate events for CRE UK.
• Arranging Marketing events / Private dinners / Client receptions, sourcing venues for events.
• Arranging attendance at MIPIM, Expo – Flights, accommodation, transfers and registration, diary schedules.
• Occasional local support to senior business heads from US whilst they are visiting CRE London office.
• Invoice and expense processing.
• Organising extensive travel arrangements (national and international).
• Manage Support Staff in coordination with Senior Management in London.
• Co-ordination of internal meetings (often in different time zones)
• Preparation of agendas and papers for internal meetings.
• Co-ordination of client meetings and visits by senior leaders.
• Occasional, co-ordination of offsite meetings.
• Arranging travel visas if required.
• Maintaining contacts database.
• Awareness of corporate policies & procedures and any updates.
• Booking taxis, car services, restaurants, etc.
• Assisting with presentations including binding, copying, typing, etc.
• Processing expenses and invoices.
• General admin: Filing, faxing, letters, scanning, telephone coverage
• Dealing with ad-hoc problems
• Drafting written communication.
Market Skills and Certifications:
• Be an experienced Executive Assistant or PA with self-confidence and experience to support senior bankers.
• Ideally some knowledge of the UK Real Estate market;
• Have extensive experience in a financial services/Investment Banking environment.
• Be well organised and can deal with conflicting priorities and work in a measured and authoritative way in a high paced environment.
• Flexibility and a strong eye for detail & accuracy.
• Smart, well presented and customer orientated.
• Good communicator – verbal & written.
• Be proficient in IT packages Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Concur and eager to learn new in-house systems.
• Typical hours 9.00 to 6.00pm – must have flexibility to work occasional longer hours when needed (from time to time).
The team has worked together for many years. The daily working environment is professional, collaborative with attention being paid to supporting each other when necessary.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.