See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute
innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Delivering highly effective, professional and efficient administration and secretarial support to Sales and Trading Derivatives Team. Duties will include and not limited to the following:
- Extensive diary management including concisely communicating commitments and pressures on a daily and weekly basis.
- Collating “data packs” for meetings as appropriate and liaising with internal/external attendees to ensure all parties are fully briefed ahead of the meetings.
- Maintain and update accurate client information via the Firm’s systems (Client Tracker).
- Acting as a 'gate keeper' for the MD’s diaries, demonstrating initiative and proactively in ensuring effective use of time.
- Establish connectivity with senior network in Sales and Trading to set up and manage invites for senior level meetings, regionally and globally.
- Management meetings: preparation of agendas, collating information in advance, taking minutes at the meetings, actioning requests following the meetings.
- Email management: anticipating responses and drafting replies, escalating urgent matters.
- Managing confidential data and information.
- Relationship Management: Extensive internal and external client liaison and maintenance of relationships at senior level; Communicating with secretaries in other areas of the bank both UK and Overseas to schedule meetings and trips in conjunction. Dealing efficiently and professionally with requests from clients and other departments.
- Schedule complex travel itineraries and event organisation ensuring adherence to Firm and S& T policy.
- Preparation and processing of complex expense reports in a timely fashion, ensuring adherence to Firm and S& T policy.
- Preparation and processing of MERs & Invoices.
- Presentation materials – providing advanced level of word, excel and powerpoint for presentations as required; providing administration support utilising a variety of other software packages.
- Documentation – Prepare, complete and distribute materials as necessary.
- Work as part of a buddy group (consists of 2/3) providing daily coverage for each other’s responsibilities.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all areas of workload.
- Other adhoc duties as required.
Skills required (essential)
- Previous relevant professional experience from a similar role gained with financial services, ideally within Banking or Investment Management.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level. Competency with MS Outlook (email and calendar) required.
- Advanced knowledge of Firm Systems – Client Tracker, Ariba, EREQ, Smaart, MSMER, Concur, Fieldglass.
- Demonstrable professional manner with excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Will have the ability to work independently, to quick turnarounds and accurately under pressure.
- Confidence in organising and to prioritise complex travel, applying attention to detail and good time management.
- Self-confident work ethic with the ability to manage and anticipate needs, particularly for repeated tasks in what can be a high pressure environment.
- Flexible on working hours and understanding of the business demands.
- Ability to anticipate problems and offer solutions.
- Excellent technology skills for use in enhancing role and increasing productivity.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents .
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.