Executive Assistant / Business Manager - Based in London or Paris
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Business Manager based in either London or Paris, reporting to the Global Head Infrastructure, your role will combine:
• Complex project management tasks to support the Global Head Infrastructure
• Advising on activities and special projects supporting the division and requires frequent interaction with senior management as well as staff at all levels.
This role holds elements of Chief of Staff.
• Business facing and embedded within the Infrastructure team and the Private Assets function
The role will also include tasks to assist the Global Head as an executive assistant.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Schroders Capital Infrastructure is part of the Private Assets group which include investment expertise in private equity, real estate, infrastructure investing, insurance linked securities and private debt. The Infrastructure business was created in 2015 and has activities in debt and equity. Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroders.com/en/uk/tp/.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
- Support and Lead different initiatives that will drive the strategic growth plan (ex.: Offsite, Conferences, new products launching, strategy planning workshops ...)
- Prepare the leader for important meetings or when making important decisions
- Work closely with key individuals within the organisation relating to the Global Head Infrastructure's commitments such as Board papers, speeches/presentations and management meetings;
- Support the Global Head Infrastructure in her leadership role as Schroders AIDA CEO
- Key point of contact for Infrastructure and trusted partner for Schroders Capital and Schroders Group divisions
- Organise and maintain the administrative system that guides day-to-day operations in the Global Head Infrastructure office. Ensure that leader makes the most of his/her time, information arrives at the right point in their decision making process, and follow up happens without much supervision
- Help Global Head Infrastructure to achieve gains in his/her productivity and impact and maximise efficiency. This include:
- Proactively managing diaries and arranging meetings, ensuring the Global Head Infrastructure is fully briefed prior to meetings, allowing enough time for preparation
- Proactively managing all tasks needed to support the Global Head HR responsibilities (Arranging appraisals and objectives for all of the direct reports, maintaining office systems)
- Organising and ensuring all logistics are in place for domestic and overseas business travel
- Monitor and review emails and respond as appropriate to requests for meetings, and/or bring to attention matters relevant to the day to day smooth running of the Global Head Infrastructure' team;
- Be responsible for processing the expenses for the Global Head Infrastructure
- Identify problems early that appropriate action can be taken
- Support and /or drive Internal & External communication: @PA news, Intranet, town halls, work with Internal comms team
- Ad hoc projects as required.
What you'll be like
- Analytical skills with an ability to combine an attention to detail with strategic thought;
- The ability to communicate the agenda and vision of the Global Head Infrastructure both verbally and in writing in a concise and clear manner to others within the organisation;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build constructive working relationships with staff across all levels of the organisation;
- Strong team player and a self-starter with a proactive approach to tasks and workload;
- Ability to work flexibly, under own initiative
- Highly trustworthy with an ability to handle confidential matters and information with complete discretion;
- Resilient and able to constructively challenge others and self;
- Excellent skills in Word, Powerpoint, Excel
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.