Executive Director – EMEA Operations Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while supporting the development of new businesses,
structures and markets.
Operations Risk and Regulatory Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations. The Operations Risk & Regulatory Control Department is a global team responsible for Control (Balance Sheet Control, Independent Monitoring, Policies & Procedures), Regulatory Reporting (Disclosure of Interest, Client Money), Risk (Client Confidentiality, Operational Risk, BCP) and CTB Projects. The Division has approx 300 team members across the Firm, with the majority residing in Baltimore, Glasgow and Mumbai, senior Core location management in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo as well as with Vendors in Chennai and Nagpur.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead EMEA Operations Risk Management and ensure the risk story is clearly understood. The right individual is likely to have a good understanding of operational risk and the front to back processes that Operations performs. The ability to build good relationships with stakeholders and to effectively challenge people, systems and processes in order to identify and understand risks will be key to this role.
The role will be accountable to the EMEA Head of Operations Risk and Regulatory Control, the Global Head of Operations Risk and the EMEA Head of Operations. Key responsibilities are:
- Engaging with EMEA Operations Management and EMEA Risk Leads to identify and understand ongoing EMEA operational risks
- Reviewing risk incidents and key risk and performance indicators to identify themes and ensure appropriate mitigation of risk
- Daily review and challenge of incidents reported through UKSMR escalation process and facilitation of weekly incident review meeting and monthly/quarterly thematic incident review
- Partnering with global Operations Risk teams to prepare and facilitate the monthly EMEA Operations Risk Meeting and Legal Entity review meeting and annual RCSA process
- Preparation and delivery of monthly Operations risk reporting including input to multiple operations and firm wide governance forums and engagement with Business Unit Risk teams
- Delegate for EMEA Head of Operations Risk and Regulatory Control in firm wide governance as required. This will include the Operational Risk Operating Committee and Firm Wide Scenario Analysis meetings.
- Support the review and sign-off of NPA and PRG requests and perform adhoc risk projects as required
Skills required (essential)
- Proven experience operating at a senior level in a financial institution together with deep experience of a complex operational risk and regulatory environment.
- Proven experience managing operational risk.
- Strong functional knowledge of investment bank operations and relevant trade life cycles.
- Superior management, leadership, stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- The ability to prepare written reports to a high professional standard alongside effective verbal communication skills (i.e. being able to communicate clearly and decisively to colleagues and senior stakeholders) will be a key candidate attribute
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to design and implement creative and flexible solutions to problems.
- An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver outputs on time to a consistently high standard, alongside a proven ability to work within tight delivery timeframes.
- Ability to partner with colleagues across functions and lead effectively across geographical boundaries.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with other divisional heads and Legal and Compliance heads.
- Strong experience with MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Visio and Access).
- A proven ability to manage people and motivate teams, having regard to both local and remote management skills
- Familiarity with Morgan Stanley Operations systems, processes, and framework.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of people drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing people based on their skills and talents.