- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 13 Oct 17
Executive Director, Trust & Fiduciary, PvB, London
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.We are seeking a Senior Trust & Fiduciary Specialist to join the London team. Supporting the Private Bank Relationship Managers (RM's), the chosen individual will provide technical support with regards the sale and maintenance of fiduciary services and assist the trust companies in making referrals of their clients who are looking for Insurance offerings to third party brokers. The role holder will play an active part in bringing new clients and relationships to the Private Bank. This is to be accomplished whilst giving appropriate consideration on maintaining product integrity, minimising risk, avoiding litigation and achieving sales budget. The support of Relationship Managers, maintenance of fiduciary services and assistance to the trust companies on their referrals to third party insurance brokers are expected to lead to new business which will increase both assets under management and revenues for the bank.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Designated focal point for meeting new business prospects for fiduciary services
- Provide technical support to RM's in relation to the sale of fiduciary products and the assistance with the trust companies referral of clients to insurance brokers
- Act as an aid to communication between the Bank and trust companies for ongoing fiduciary matters with existing clients
- Work closely with RMs to develop their marketing and business development plans for offering fiduciary services to clients.
- Contribute to the preparation of marketing and sales materials to support the fiduciary business, ensuring that these are all approved by Legal and Compliance teams
- Train and assist the RMs so that they better understand the fiduciary structures
- Work as part of the fiduciary management team
- Work closely with the trust companies to deliver appropriate solutions to clients
- To the best of their knowledge, monitor and keep up to date with changes in tax laws and other legislation that affect the fiduciary business and report impact on changes to regional markets
- Create sales strategies for RMs
- Review the new business to be introduced to trust companies to ensure that manageable levels of fiduciary, reputational and legal risks
- Present new business to the appropriate leadership/approval committees
- Continue to monitor and assist RM's and their clients in connection with their fiduciary structures, alongside the RM's, making amendments when necessary to meet any change in circumstances of needs of the clients
- Ensure that FCA 'Treating Customers Fairly' standards are consistently met
- Work closely with other product teams and key stakeholders in the development of new products and ongoing adherence to and monitoring of developments to existing products (and related policies and processes) and preparation and presentation of exceptional cases to the relevant committee.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate level preferable
- Level 4 RDR qualification completed/part complete
- Legal qualification preferable
- STEP/ISCA and/or other qualification/membership required
- Extensive experience Trust & Fiduciary business (ideally within Private Banking industry)
- Proven track record of business growth
- Proven risk management capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills - both with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Collaborative team player
The closing date for applications is 26/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.