Exotic Derivatives Product Controller - Global Investment Bank
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 18 Oct 18
My client is a leading global Investment Bank, who are looking to bring in a talented and driven individual in to one of their high profile and technical Product Control teams.
Keywords: Product Control, derivatives, structured, credit, P&L, exotics, risk, valuations, IPV, IFRS, financial products, controls, greeks, Financial Reporting Tax, Graduate, Finance Control, Banking, Management Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, Accountant, Business Unit Control, balance sheet, UKGAAP, journals, accounting, audit
This is a role with lots of visibility and exposure to senior management, partnering with stakeholders to ensure the effective control, and understanding of the business through high quality management information.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to have accelerated career progression and long-term opportunities within an established and reputable organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable to the client's management for providing assurance that all appropriate market exposure, P&L and risks have been identified. Additionally, you will
- Supporting Product Directors in the management of tasks within daily, monthly and quarterly P&L production of a variety of structured and credit banking products
- Assisting with monthly analysis of risk-based controls
- Being hands on with data packs and data manipulation
- Addressing and investigating issues and reporting to stakeholders, while engaging with Senior Business Partners regionally on strategic recommendations
- Assisting in analysing of systems and new products including cash-flows/valuation principles
Successful applicants should have:
- Degree in Finance/Maths/Engineering/Accounting/similar
- 2-4 years with relevant Banking Product Control/Big 4 background
- Knowledge of financial products, including credit/exotics/derivatives/structured/FICC products
- Strong Excel skills
- Awareness of industry regulatory trends and standards including IFRS, UKGAAP, USGAAP, etc is desirable
- Great attention to detail and effective communication skills to be able to challenge stakeholders within the business
Those that feel they are a strong candidate for the role should forward their CV's to seross@astoncarter (.com) or contact Selva on 0207 997 1034 to find out more.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis group of companies, the fourth largest staffing group in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems, Aston Carter and Aerotek are trading names of Allegis Group Limited. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/privacy-policy. Please note when you give us your data, we will share it within Allegis Group and this involves the transfer of such data outside the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.