Expense Management Auditor
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Role: EMEA IBD/GCM Expense Management Auditor – Full Time – 09:00-17:30 / 09:30- 18:00
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
The EMEA Expense Management Team is responsible for all Expense Management matters for Investment Banking (IBD) and Global Capital Markets (GCM) Business Units for 14 countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The team partners with IBD/GCM Expense Management in Americas and Asia Pacific. Expense Management are the creators and enforcers of the Expense Policy. The team work alongside other Business Units such as; Institutional Equity Division, Legal & Compliance, Marketing and HR etc. to ensure that our employees adhere to all Morgan Stanley policies.
The position will be responsible for auditing/ approving expenses and invoices, pre-approving travel, reviewing gift and entertainment and charity and sponsorship requests for the EMEA IBD and GCM Business Units. Required to understand, interpret and explain any of the firm’s policies, including the EMEA Expense policy.
Experience in the Financial Services industry is desired, but not necessary.
• Perform any combination of auditor’s duties, including but not limited to:
- Expense audit/approval, both electronic and manual
- Gift & Entertainment, Charity & Sponsorship approval
- Invoice payment audit/approval, both electronic and manual
- Pre-approve travel requisitions
• Evaluate all requests, applying excellent judgement
• Fiscal responsibility for expenses and invoices
• Complete ad hoc Expense Management reports
• Clear communication for any out of policy requests
• Responsible for keeping fully abreast of policy and procedure changes and being the subject matter expert for policies and queries
• Work alongside relevant departments to ensure correct procedures are followed (Accounts Payable/ Compliance etc)
• Anticipate problems and resolve issues independently
• Responsible for resolving queries in a timely and professional manner by applying good judgement to the existing policies
• Responsible for balancing own work load and prioritising assignments
• Act as first point of escalation to junior team members for day to day queries
• Have understanding and confidence to escalate to IBD/GCM Management where appropriate
• Communicate conflicts or outstanding items to Expense Team Leader
Skills/ Attributes Required:
• Flexible and committed approach to work in order to satisfy the needs of the business. Existing team hours cover 08:30-18:30 and this position will either cover 09:00-17:30 or 09:30- 18:00
• Ability to use own initiative and judgement
• Self-Starter- able to work under own direction
• Strong team player- determined to achieve department goals
• High business acumen – able to understand the “bigger picture” both internally and externally
• Excellent attention to detail – need to be accurate and analytical
• Trouble shooting and critical thinking skills- able to provide alternatives and solutions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills- able to present confidently, credibly and persuasively
• Professional demeanor- able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the role
• Ability to adapt quickly to working within different systems
• MS Office skills – including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2