- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Apr 19
FCC Execution – Regulatory, Audit and Policies (RAP) # 130057
The Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs organization at Credit Suisse strives to become a dedicated, independent function that enables business divisions across the organization to challenge and effectively manage compliance risk. Our new management team is focused on achieving professional excellence by providing state of the art technology, strengthening surveillance and testing processes and by aligning controls to keep risk within appetite. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our fast-paced environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
This role will report to the EMEA Head of FCC Execution and be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of the FCC program in relation to financial crime regulatory development; co-ordination of Internal Audit (IA) & regulatory examinations; and financial crime policy development and delivery across the EMEA region.
- Build a regional repository of regulatory guidance, actions and industry commentary
- Implement processes to govern evaluations and read-across reviews of various FCC related guidance and actions
- Provide FCC related feedback to various industry bodies on regulatory developments impacting Credit Suisse across the EMEA region (such as AFME, UK Finance etc.)
- Undertake gap analysis against new FCC related regulations and existing Credit Suisse policies & procedures
- Undertake the co-ordination of FCC related Internal Audit and regulatory examinations with the various management teams in both first & second lines of defense across EMEA
- Ensure that all requested materials are collected, reviewed and provided to the examiners in a timely fashion
- Undertake direct liaison with the examiners and act as the first point of contact
- Working with Global FCC you will look to build and maintain a standardised first-day pack of materials for the examiners
- Provide regular updates to Senior Management on the progress of the examinations
- Track all related actions identified from examinations and ensure they are addressed within the agreed timeframes
- Build mechanisms for tracking and maintaining an FCC policies matrix for the EMEA region
- Work with Global and other Regional FCC Leadership teams in the development and review of FCC related policies
- Ensure adequate mentorship and communication is undertaken to new or updated FCC related policies
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- The expectation is that in order to undertake the role, you would need 6 to 10 years' experience working in a similar financial crime position with a Bank or in a financial institution
- You are (preferably) educated to degree level or have an appropriate FCC qualification such as an ICA Diploma in Financial Crime
- You will need to have sufficient gravitas to liaise with senior leadership teams across the lines of defense and the EMEA region
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory and legislative requirements for the financial crime disciplines, fraud, AML/CTF, sanctions, ABC and Tax Evasion in the UK
- Experience of running both Internal Audit and Regulatory examinations within a financial crime context
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.