FICC Compliance Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
FICC Compliance Director
Corporate Title: Director
Line of Business: FICC Compliance
An exciting opportunity as FICC Compliance Director is available for a talented individual to work in a dynamic growing control environment in our team in London.
You will take on a senior compliance officer role within the FICC Compliance Department specialising in the day-to-day leadership of the EMEA FICC Business.
You will develop and manage effective working relations with EMEA FICC Management and other departments in the region including Investment Banking (including Corporate Broking and Capital Markets) management/teams and support managers.
You will also provide the day-to-day running of Compliance coverage for the FICC businesses within the EMEA region; provide advice and mentorship on applicable exchange and regulatory requirements, firm policy issues and requirements.
As a FICC Compliance Director your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing daily advice to FICC Management and department
- Providing clarity about MLI's regulatory obligations to ensure the use of trading systems and algorithms comply as required
- Participating as required in internal investigations into potential breaches of regulatory requirements or firm policy
- Contributing department initiatives in respect of regulatory developments and impact analysis on the firm's business and support groups
- Reviewing potential instances of market abuse when this is brought to your attention by LOB Surveillance Compliance and/or the LOB
- Liaising with and informing competent regulatory authorities about significant risks that may affect fair and orderly trading and major incidents where those risks crystallise
- Collaborating with the US and APR FICC Compliance and Legal teams to ensure consistency in approach and best practices
- Liaising with and providing mentorship to EMEA Legal & Compliance colleagues and other regions in respect to EMEA FICC matters
- Reviewing/updating FICC Compliance policies and ensure they are consistent with global and local regulatory practices
- Assisting with the development of new and/or update existing Monitoring & Testing items for EMEA FICC Compliance Program from a local and global perspective. Work on projects and complete in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of regulatory change/developments
As a FICC Compliance Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Compliance, Legal or Regulatory qualifications are helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- An ability to make decisions in a high-energy environment
- A flexible and solution driven perspective, and a determination to find answers to complex issues
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of relevant rules and regulation which would include: FCA Handbook, Market Abuse Regulation, CASS, EMIR, UCITS, AIFMD, Applicable US rules, especially Dodd Frank and Volcker
- A genuine interest in securities markets and the design and use of financial instruments
- An ability to interpret the aim of changing regulation and how it applies to the industry
- Dedication to work in a trading floor environment
- To be able to deal with and prioritise an intense workload
- To be able to work individually on topics but importantly to be able to work closely with team members
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.