FICM Derivative Solutions - Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Global Capital Markets Group (GCM) serves as a joint venture between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. GCM comprises traditional market coverage and underwriting groups, as well as a number of product groups focused on providing customized capital structure solutions for our clients. You work with clients on complex, innovative financing and risk management solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• Working with Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking clients to deliver Derivative Solutions to manage risk around event transactions and ongoing business exposures.
• Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments in order to developing, structuring and model solutions to address exposures.
• Pricing and executing a range of products spanning across Foreign Exchange, Interest Rates, Commodities, Credit and more.
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and price transactions.
• Drafting presentations and memoranda for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry.
• Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation.
• A positive, motivated, can-do attitude and desire to work in a highly team oriented environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data.
• You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
• You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
• You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.