FID - EMEA Structured Rates Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
C o mpany Profile
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
ISG Finance is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for the Firm, which includes preparing external financial reports for public filings & regulators, whilst working internally on Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA). This includes summarising, planning and forecasting the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
The Structured Rates Product Control team is part of the FID controllers group. The immediate team consists of 6 persons in London with a deployed team of 5 in Mumbai to support the business. The team?s holistic role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making. This includes daily revenue analysis, profitability and balance sheet reporting plus liquidity, funding, capital and ROE analysis. The team is also responsible for signing off the month end financial statements and presentation of these to firm management and external auditors/regulators.
The Structured Rate desks cover Inflation bonds and derivatives, Structured Notes (both market making and MS issuances), Options & Exotics and Hybrid Products. This is a key role as these Business Units form an integral part of Morgan Stanley’s EU Fixed Income trading division.
This role is a team lead within the Structured Rates product control group covering Options/Exotics, Hybrids & Inflation Products which includes managing a team of two in London. The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries to manage.
· Production: Management and supervision of the team’s output in terms of daily, monthly and quarterly deliverable and the subsequent distribution of this information to the BU and other internal clients
· Control: Attesting to regulators and auditors on the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements
· Business Performance: Managing the production of monthly business packs for desk heads and understanding wider capital/resource implications
· Accounting: Working with accounting policy to address any accounting questions that arise from new trade bookings/structures
· Client Relationship Management: Maintain and build internal client relationships/networks in the Business Unit and other divisions
· Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding analysis: understand and produce monthly reports to aid BU management decision making processes
· Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management
· Preferably educated to Degree Level with an Accounting Qualification
· Experience in Product Control - Interest Rates background with knowledge of exotics products including; swaptions, Bermudans, CMS swaps & CMS Spread options
· High regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure adequate supervisory controls are in place
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and trends in the Structured
· High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
· Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
· Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.