FID Documentation Negotiator
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute
innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit a FID Documentation Negotiator to join the Institutional Securities Documentation team in London.
- Identifying necessary documentation for the clients to trade securities or OTC derivatives and perform related due diligence scans.
- Drafting and negotiating legal documents (including master agreements, amendments and ancillary documents such as ISDA, GMRA, EMIR related documents, CDEA etc).
- Reaching out to clients and internal stakeholders regarding documentation terms.
- Adding new clients to existing OTC derivatives/financing documentation and creating new client trading accounts.
- Arranging execution of OTC derivatives/financing documentation.
- Updating, reporting on and auditing the database with the status and content of the signed document.
- Participate in (and coordinate as necessary) various ISD projects, including regulatory and policy initiative.
- Supporting the relevant business unit with respect to queries raised in connection with OTC derivatives/financing documentation.
- Proactively learn about and develop internal documentation systems
Skills required (essential)
- Experience in legal/business support roles. Preferably employed by or seconded to a bank in a documentation /business support roles.
- Demonstrable experience in having negotiated ISDA or GMRA legal documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent people skills (will interface with people at varied skill and seniority levels).
- General comfort with technology (particularly Microsoft Word, any spreadsheets).
- Quick learner - including learning internal computer systems.
- Ability to set, track, achieve and report on short/long term goals and projects.
- Organised, detail-oriented, self-starter, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels.
- Degree in law / business administration or equivalent.
- French and/or German language skills (highly desirable)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.