FOS - Bonds Trading Core Java Developer - Assistant Vice President / Vice President
FOS - Bonds Trading Core Java Developer - Assistant Vice President / Vice PresidentMitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with over 2,300 offices in more than 50 countries. The Group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the Department / Section:
The Front Office Solutions department supports sales and trading across all asset classes in London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore, with the department head reporting directly into the international COO. The Automated Trading Systems team is located within the Electronic Trading and Financial Engineering groups and is responsible for building out the firm's interest rates electronic trading and front-office analytics platforms through providing automated pricing, real-time risk/hedging and data analysis tools.
Main Purpose of the Role:
An experienced front office developer with an excellent understanding of core Java development is required to become one of the drivers behind building out the fixed income trading platform. The initial focus is to work as part of a small sub-team maintaining and adding new features to the established bond trading system. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of fixed income bonds, both from the perspective of pricing and RFQ flow, and have electronic trading and front-office experience. The successful individual will be required to directly face off to senior traders across the international credit and rates business.
- Designing and implementing trader enhancements by gathering requirements and developing a robust solution
- Further develop components built upon vendor and open source products for distributing, storing and analyzing front-office data
- Work as part of a global team
- Help support the existing application by directly dealing with trader problems or queries on the trading floor
- Participate in release procedure (code cut, application build, deployment)
Skills and Experience:
- Core Java (client and server) in low latency systems, preferably within electronic trading
- Extensive working knowledge of fixed income trading (Pricing, Quoting, RFQs, STP, P&L)
- Aptitude for writing data structures and algorithms
- Front office development experience; preferably involving fixed income bonds or other fixed income instruments
- Experience of working with traders to support application and gather requirements
- Test driven development and tools such as JUnit
- Source code control and build management and tools such as Subversion, Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Preferably SQL or database experience
- Preferably ION Marketview experience
- Preferably experience of bug finding from trader reports and processing logs
- Preferably Java 8 experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and responsive to change
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.