FOS & Policy Specialist Team Manager
- GBP56000 - GBP64000 per annum + excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 12 Oct 17 2017-10-12
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Our Commercial Banking division has a rich heritage of supporting businesses and the economic prosperity of the nation, primarily focused on UK businesses and those with strong links to the UK. We provide customers with the support they need to help them grow, manage risk and enhance efficiency. And we continue to invest in our relationship teams and deepen our product expertise to ensure we deliver first class service.
Commercial Banking provides support to corporate clients through the provision of core banking products, such as lending, deposits and transaction banking services whilst also offering clients expertise in capital markets (private placements, bonds and syndicated loans), financial markets (foreign exchange, interest rate management, money market and credit) and private equity. This enables us to meet the varying and sometimes complex needs of all types of corporate clients.
The Complaints, Disputes and Litigation Team (CDL) are responsible for handling customer complaints relating to complex products in a fair and reasonable way. CDL aims to deliver a consistent and robust approach to complaint handling in compliance with FCA's Dispute Resolution Sourcebook (DISP) and the Group Complaint Handling Policy (GCHP).
Reporting to a member of the Senior Management team, the successful candidate will lead a team of specialist Case Assessors within the Commercial Banking Complaints team. The FOS team are responsible for CDL's day to day interactions with the FOS. This will include making detailed written submissions to Adjudicators and Ombudsman, for cases involving both merits and jurisdiction arguments. Working closely with the Banks Legal and Compliance departments, and presenting cases to a panel of senior stakeholders across the Commercial Bank.
The role of FOS & Policy Specialist Team Manager is to ensure that the end-to-end flow of all Interest Rate Hedging Product ("IRHP") and Fixed Rate Loan ('FRL') cases is managed effectively - ensuring submissions to the FOS are issued effectively and in a timely manner. The successful candidate will also face into senior stakeholders across the Commercial Bank, presenting cases and MI where necessary, and supporting the Senior Management team in completing tasks and actions, such as root cause analysis and reporting.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
* Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, and ability to challenge others, as well as having exposure to senior management
* Strong leadership and experience in managing multiple multi-skilled teams.
* Experience in handling customer complaints and familiarity with relevant regulatory frameworks (COBS, TCF and DISP).
* In depth understanding of FOS structure, process and decisions outcome analysis.
* Knowledge of financial markets products including, but not limited to, IRHP's (various types including Vanilla, Basis, Cross-currency and Swaptions), caps, floors and collars (vanilla and structured) and FRL's.
* Excellent management skills, specifically with an ability to keep a team motivated in a changing work environment, prioritising and overseeing a workflow of cases to meet deadlines. Coaching individuals where needed, and conducting regular 1-2-1's.
* Resilient, positive and determined, you'll be capable of meeting demanding deadlines without losing your eye for detail.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity
Together we make it possible.