Cobalt are working with one of properties fastest growing and most exciting companies, currently seeking an FP&A Analyst to join the team. Being part of the Business Partnering and Performance team, you will be responsible for supporting the business performance agenda by driving the FP&A processes and providing insight, support and challenge to the business.
Cobalt are working with one of properties fastest growing and most exciting companies, currently seeking an FP&A Analyst to join the team.
Being part of the Business Partnering and Performance team, you will be responsible for supporting the business performance agenda by driving the FP&A processes and providing insight, support and challenge to the business.
Key relationships will be built between the senior management, operations teams, business partnering teams, financial reporting teams and other heads of department.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reporting to the Business Planning Manager this role will manage the monthly and annual FP&A deliverables and ensure clear communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide insightful analysis of trends in current trading to identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial appraisal of activities to drive performance.
- Work closely with the Business Partnering team to identify and investigate any negative trends/issues.
- Through analysis, identify opportunities to drive improvements in non-rental revenue and cost lines to drive growth and margin performance.
- Support communication of results and performance agenda to the Heads of Operations.
- Provide ad hoc modelling and financial analysis support as required.
- Key business partner to the Central Operations teams
- Provide cost/benchmarking analysis for all divestments, site closures etc.
- Production and development of monthly Exec and external shareholder reporting.
- Preparation and development of insightful management information on both a recurring and ad hoc basis, including KPI reporting and benchmarking.
- Work with the rest of the business to develop existing reporting and utilise in Finance as appropriate.
- Continuously review Finance reporting (across teams) and implement improvements where necessary.
- Collaborate with the Group Reporting team to ensure accounting standards and requirements are being met.
- Ad hoc Exec and external shareholder reporting.
- Coordinate the inputs from all other teams, both inside and outside Finance.
- Work with treasury to support the production of accurate cash flow forecasts.
Budgeting and reforecasts
- Support the coordination of the annual budgeting process across P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, working closely with the other teams in Finance.
- Lead the combination of all budget inputs to create a single consolidated output. Ensure appropriate checks are performed to confirm completeness of inputs during the aggregation process.
- Create first draft of the presentation packs for the annual budget cycle and reforecasts
- Maintain the rolling in-year reforecast to monitor performance against budget, ensuring relevant inputs from across the business.
- Assist in the requirements gathering and implementation of an FP&A system.
- Support the Head of Business Planning and Performance and Finance Director in completion of due diligence on acquisitions, disposals and other corporate transactions.
- Other ad hoc projects and investor requests as required.
- Qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA.
- Prior experience of working in an FP&A function.
- Sound knowledge of management and board reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, FP&A databases and similar systems.
- Ability to build effective relationships both in and outside Finance.
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative to prioritise effectively under pressure.
- Experienced in end-to-end budgeting process.
If you work well within a team, would like to gain exposure to some of the biggest names within real estate and private equity and have a passion to sit in a relationship driven role, please apply with an up to date CV.