FS- Programme Management Senior Consultant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Oct 17 2017-10-06
Job Title: FS Advisory - Programme Management - Snr Consultant Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY Financial Services Organization (FSO) works with leading financial services clients globally. We are consistently growing our advisory practices, outpacing competition. We work as one borderless organization - 15, 000 employees across 30 countries - building teams who have the skills and experience our clients need. For you, this means exciting opportunities to:
· Team up with the best people on the most challenging Financial Services programs
· Share knowledge with people known for their world-class expertise and insight
· Work with global clients, locally and internationally
· Be exposed to different business cultures in high-performing teams
· Help shaping the future of financial services
· Develop an international network of colleagues and clients that will last a lifetime
With EY's unmatched reputation for industry expertise, range of complementary offerings, global reach and delivery excellence, we are expanding our Advisory practice to meet the demand for consulting services to support EY's clients. Driven by customers, regulators and shareholders, EY clients are re-evaluating their business models and embarking on major transformation programmes to deliver the operational and technology infrastructure required. The Financial Services sector in particular is seeing major change and hence demand for consulting services spanning front office, operations, finance, risk, IT, regulatory, tax and programme management.
Our Programme Management team consists of extremely experienced and proven Financial Services professionals, who draw on their knowledge and experience to help clients initiate, recover and manage large-scale programmes. The team specialises in driving through business critical change, whether it be business transformation, IT led or regulatory programmes.
Working closely with our clients in large organisations; we understand what is really important, offering points of view and advice, supporting them, building confidence and ultimately ensuring efficient delivery.
Through the vast experience we offer by means of the individuals in the team, we assess situations quickly, apply our thinking and improve Executive decision making in our clients. We are looking to expand by recruiting people with an outstanding delivery background in Financial Services, who have the right attitude and commitment needed to work on the very largest and most complex Programmes in the industry.
Programme Management, Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, delivery excellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading Projects and key workstreams for clients and using your experience and Financial Services knowledge to shape initiation, advise on Governance structures and mentor their staff through the Programme lifecycle.
You may lead small internal E&Y teams, run engagement logistics and play a contributing role in developing propositions. We expect a strong background of successful end-to-end Project delivery in blue-chip FS clients.
Key Skills Required
· Evidence of performing a leadership role through a full end-to-end Project lifecycle for at least 2 initiatives with a budget of over £1m
· Financial Services experience, with good technical expertise in one of our key sectors (Banking & Capital markets, Insurance, Asset Management)
· Strong background of leading teams, comprising both IT and business specialists
Personal Attributes Required
· Team player who can quickly build rapport with the client and prove credibility
· Highly flexible and a willingness to 'get hands dirty' as well as providing strategic direction
· Bring FS and project management skills and experience that the client does not have access to internally
· Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
· Ambitious and shows willingness to move career forward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments that will push and challenge you on a daily basis
- Ensure client deliverables are quality focused and delivered on a timely basis
- Regularly interface with client organization at appropriate levels and be responsible for managing the relationship
- Ensure effective execution of methodologies
- Utilize existing relationships to develop business opportunities
- Endeavour to become the trusted advisor of clients - be seen in the market place and be recognized as a first-choice solutions provider
- Manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels, experiences and agenda
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Business degree, at 2:1 or above (or equivalent) preferred
- Professional Project Management Certification (preferred)