FXEM Market Risk Manager - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Market Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market risk exposures arising from EMEA and UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Associate to cover FX and EM Market Risk working in the wider FICC Market Risk team which also covers Commodities, Rates, Corporate Credit and Securitized Products, and consists of 12 people across London and Budapest. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well at both the regional and global level. Core responsibilities include:
• Provide independent oversight and control of FXEM market risks.
• Continuously review limit and reporting framework to ensure appropriateness in light of risk appetite, new trades, businesses, products risk factors and market conditions and opportunities.
• Continuously monitor the financial markets and measure the impact on MS’s portfolio, including analysing trading strategies and assessing material weaknesses or overlooked risks and hedging strategies.
• Develop a suite of comprehensive stress tests that highlight all key risks.
• Assess the suitability and performance of pricing, risk and capital models. Work with relevant groups to address material deficiencies.
• Ensure risk reporting is fit for purpose and develop any new reporting required.
• Understand P&L drivers and construct any necessary tools to facilitate risk and P&L analysis.
• Communicate key risks to senior management on a regular basis, including creation of presentations articulating key risks and portfolio changes. Escalate emerging or developing risks as necessary.
• Work directly with, and develop effective and constructive working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders including: Sales and Trading, Business Unit Risk Management, Desk Strategists, Finance, Compliance, Technology and Operations.
Skills required (essential)
• Good knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations (including greeks) and a solid understanding of risk management concepts such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, and capital is required. Experience in FX and/or EM is favourable.
• An excellent academic background or strong analytical background. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favourably.
• The risk analysis produced by the department is used to brief senior management and needs to be both timely and accurate. It is therefore essential that candidates are able to demonstrate diligence as well as strong quantitative and investigative skills.
• Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will also be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
• Proactive and a can-do attitude.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple deliverables whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1