FX Operations Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 03 Dec 18
Reporting to the Head of UK Banking Operations the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and oversight of the UK FX Operations team. The team consists of 5-7 employees who support the operational activities for the FX business.
Reporting to the Head of UK Banking Operations the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and oversight of the UK FX Operations team. The team consists of 5-7 employees who support the operational activities for the FX business. The successful candidate will be required to participate in and in some cases lead multiple projects/initiatives which may cut across the organisation with multiple stakeholders. The ability to act at pace, with control together with the ability to focus on the key risks and operational excellence across the breadth of the activities are crucial attributes of the ideal candidate. This role requires the ability to lead, coach, mentor and “think on your feet” to ensure that business deliverables are met in an ever changing environment whilst ensuring staff feel empowered and supported to take responsibility for the multiple daily decisions required in an operations environment as well as their own personal and professional development. A deep understanding of the FX business and operations management is key.
A “continuous improvement” focus is required to drive improvements in efficiency and to spot opportunities to automate, simplify and streamline together with the ability to drive such a culture through the team in order to enhance the client experience and further differentiate SVB. Experience of managing/operating in a business experiencing high growth numbers and ongoing change is advantageous. A global mindset is also crucial, being able to collaborate with global colleagues and partners, share best practice and identify both global and local solutions that support the client and the business.
The successful candidate will have specific line responsibility for the team performing the following operations:
• Foreign exchange settlement
• Trade reconciliation
• Settlement Investigation and research
• Regulatory Reporting
• Operational Risk oversight and management
- Progressive experience in FX operations and past experience working closely with the regulatory environment
- Insight into medium to large scale transaction processing in an international setting
- A high level of energy and initiative and be capable of functioning as a collaborative partner as this role will sit on the UK Banking Operations leadership team
- An ability to ‘lead’ and ‘do’; providing direction and support to the team as well as personally produce work, including operational forward thinking presentations, performance data and risk management oversight
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills. The candidate will bring a positive energy, “spirit of collaboration” and partnership to the function building effective relationships across the various stakeholders/ disciplines involved in any given initiative to work towards the common business goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to communicate with leadership across business teams.