FX Option Desk Strat – Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute
innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
Morgan Stanley Embedded Desk Strategist (Strat) teams reside within our Sales & Trading businesses including Equity, Fixed Income, and Commodities as well as our Banking businesses including Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets.
As a Foreign Exchange Option Trading Desk Strategist you will be a member of a team responsible for building pricing models based on available data, analyzing, monitoring and reporting on data necessary to support the FX Options Desk. You will also:
• Lead design and delivery of new or improved trading strategies, in collaboration with traders, core analytics, QA and IT teams
• Quantitative analysis of existing production systems and identification of performance improvements
• Control production system quality and manage both market and operational risks
• Support Foreign Exchange derivative trading in compliance with market conventions and applicable regulations.
Skills required (essential):
• Advanced degree or equivalent in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering.
• Experience with foreign exchange option markets, price construction, liquidity and trading.
• Proven prior experience of building, developing, implementing, and analyzing financial models for valuation and risk management.
• Confidence in being able to apply methods from theoretical areas including Monte Carlo methods, finite difference methods, stochastic calculus, linear algebra, partial differential equation theory, complex theory, optimization theory, numerical analysis, probability, and statistics.
• Strong programming language skills: Scala, C++, Java, Q/KDB; and MS Excel experience.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 04/05/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.