FX eTrading Product Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for setting strategy and providing direction, leadership and budgetary management, etc. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the development of product plans, while coordinating product lines through product life-cycles in coordination with the broader Product Management team. The overall objective of this role is the promotion of products to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position. This will be in the context of Foreign Exchange electronic trading applications. Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product Managers to implement product strategy and ensure management goals are achieved though collaboration with partners to execute a differentiated and client-centric product vision and strategy
- Partner with senior Product Managers to implement strategic roadmap, program development, launch, and marketing to gain maximum benefit for each product as well as research market dynamics, products, and competitive climate to optimize strategies to grow and retain asset accounts and balances
- Assist in day-to-day product management for core products, including product delivery, client experience, and client communications as well as help the team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to achieve business results
- Execute the client value propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve preferred status as partner to Citi clients
- Conduct client and competitor market research to aid in the development of product innovation roadmaps
- Execute all aspects of the program development life cycle management including market demands, technology trends, and competitive field
- Help drive innovation including working with external partners/alliances to maintain/improve product status
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Relevant experience
- Working knowledge of financial markets, in particular, FX and/or electronic trading
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .