Facilities Project Manager
Business Area: Workplace Services
Location: London (Travel where required)
Reporting to: Global Head of Facilities Management
Job title: Facilities Project Manager
Who we're looking for
You'll be busy, hands-on and can-do. Giving our internal clients a seamless service. You'll be busy and responsible for establishing, maintaining and coordinating Facilities related projects within the current Schroders portfolio or following any acquisition and establishment of companies.
These may be UK or International projects.
The role will include organising and planning projects, resource planning and time scheduling of projects in compliance with the Schroders budget and deadlines, stakeholder and risk analysis, cost estimation and accounts of the projects, managing, coordinating and execution of projects, hand over of projects as well as close out, monitoring and control of progress and follow up and reporting, deviation and change management, collaborating with international multi-disciplined staff and taking part in developing department and work process.
The ultimate aim is to ensure delivery of building maintenance, including refurbishment projects, replacement programmes, maintenance strategies and workplace fit-out schemes to time and too budget.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
We're part of Workplace Services, the team that provides Facilities, Travel and Physical security services to Schroders.
And the Facilities part of the team is the one that provides building, operational services & maintenance support to the Schroders Group, where required.
We're open to flexible working, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Single point of contact for related Facilities projects - Both UK & International
• Following completion the first part of new building, refurbishment etc i.e. The Transaction element of project - To then take over 'ownership' of project and manage fitout / works
• Assist other designated sponsors in coordination of the service requirements identified & approved by Management and the GMC
• Assist with international Transactional requirements
• Working with management to develop and implement, an efficient strategy for the use of Schroders space
• Following projects - Work closely with the FM/Workplace team to ensure seamless handover and operation
• Support environmental & other corporate responsibility related initiatives, guidance and reporting. Support the local Corporate Responsibility committee as required
• Responsible for compliance with internal and external regulations on buildings, office space, safety and security
• Provide information to global lease administration database
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Essential - Experience of working on Overseas projects
• Building and Site Management degree or equivalent vocational experience.
• Practical expertise: Building technical expertise. International, Capital and Cost management expertise.
• Proven record of delivery of planned benefits against a business plan
• Experience of working with Outsource service providers and external advisors
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Language skills - Spoken and written, French and / or German would be preferable, but not essential
• Prince 2 training, CIBSE membership or equivalent etc
What you'll be like
• A really good communicator - great at listening, being clear and giving reassurance
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Good at working in a team, and with other teams
• Someone with a real attention to detail
• Plans, organises and prioritises own and others' time very well; works to given timeframes; responds promptly to all administrative tasks
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible, curious and willing to learn
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.