Sense of adventure? Super opportunity to join this well established family office as a Financial Controller, initially working in the London office for approximately six months before moving to work permanently in their Singapore office. A new position, the role will suit a qualified accountant with an understanding of the high-net-worth mind set who will thrive in a stimulating environment reporting on the Principal’s assets.
A unique opportunity to join this established family office that will appeal to an individual with a sense of adventure who wishes to avoid routine and work in a fast paced and stimulating environment.
It is intended that the successful individual will initially be based in the London office for approximately six months and then move permanently to the Singapore office. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This is a new position that will report into the Head of the Family Office and work very closely with the Principal. Taking the lead in the delivery of the core reporting of the Principal’s wealth, this individual will liaise with the investment team who directly manage a range of financial assets as well as other financial professionals in the family office.
Fundamentally, this is a reporting role for a variety of activities within a number of family structures. The eclectic mix of underlying assets consist of investments held personally, in trusts and in controlled vehicles, including JVs, and across the main asset classes including shares, bonds, real estate, private equity and hedge funds.
Key tasks of this "hands-on" role include: -
- Monthly/annual/quarterly/statutory consolidated reporting (with supporting commentary) for a number of entities as well as a wide spectrum of other finance related tasks including monitoring the audit and taxes of all relevant companies;
- Establishing and maintaining a multi-layered and analysis system for regular reporting of family income & expenditure and assets & liabilities;
- Preparation of customised wealth and investment reports;
- Working closely with investment professionals to understand controlled and fund investments, their cashflow requirements and their reporting ensuring this is managed efficiently and on a timely basis;
- Responsibility for all financial systems and ensuring that all management and control systems are fit for purpose;
- The production of clear, concise, and informative financial reporting in a form that meets the requirements of all the end-users primarily the Principal and the directors/trustees of the family wealth structure; and
- Personal accounting services for the family members including ad hoc projects.
The candidate will have (or be):-
- A versatile, proactive, qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and as a guide only, you will have a minimum of around 4-5 years' post qualification experience (candidates outside this range will definitely be considered) acquired within a family office (single or multi), a firm of chartered accountants (or other professional services firm), an independent trust company, wealth manager, private bank, private equity firm or another closely aligned institution;
- Good all round accounting and strong financial and management reporting skills will be taken as a given;
- A keen sense of the high net worth mindset; and
- A self-starter, highly organised who enjoys working as part of team as well as autonomously with a strong sense of client confidentiality and impeccable ethical and professional values.
Based in London, True House Partners is a specialist recruitment firm for both single and multi family offices working with clients in multiple jurisdictions.