Family Offices and Foundations - Relationship Management - Sales Support - Associate
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The BlackRock Family Office and Foundations group in EMEA is currently made up of 8 members and is one of the fastest-growing client segments across BlackRock. The Family Offices and Foundations team’s coverage model includes the 500 largest family offices across EMEA.
Client holdings are invested broadly across asset classes, with a focus on niche and bespoke alternative products. The Family Offices Business is positioned to offer and deliver a unique, uniform and value-added proposition to this discrete market segment, by nature of:
- BlackRock’s reputational advantage, without any perceived conflicts of interest
- The firm and team’s fiduciary culture
- The breadth of investment expertise
- The firm’s vast investment network, facilitating access to thought leadership from the broad expertise within the firm
- Best in class risk management tools
- In-house events that connect family office executives
- Innovative and bespoke investment solutions
- Partnership with BlackRock Relationship Managers to drive the sales process
- Continuous dialogue and connectivity with RMs
- Identifying and pursuing sales opportunities with existing clients
- Uncovering, researching and building relationships with new prospects
- Reviewing sales/AUM data, preparing reports and implementing strategic agenda
- Organising, preparing materials for and following up on client meetings
- Reactive client service excellence
- Adding value to the team through idea generation and sharing best practices
An exciting opportunity to be an important part of the Family Office group based in London. This team has existing clients with a combined AUM of over $8bln. Growth of the business will be across EMEA and involve a dependence on investment solutions from across BlackRock. This role gives access to a unique client segment and the broadest possible range of financial products and investment solutions; and allows for direct client interaction/relationship building.
- Fluency in either French, German or Arabic
- Technical market and investment knowledge
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proven expertise in explaining complex products
- Experience writing investment/product related materials (emails, pitch books on Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to conduct in-depth research using a variety of sources and databases
- Deep understanding of the sales process, and long term relationship management.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook) and strong data management
- Systematic, structured and professional sales approach
- Excellent communication, client servicing and relationship building skills
- Friendly, flexible, efficient, reliable
- Extremely strong team player
- Shows initiative in all situations
- Internationally minded and able to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Client focused
- Problem solver
- Highly organized / ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated proactive team player
- Open, approachable and driven individual
- Clear communicator
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.