A rapidly growing Fintech firm are seeking a newly-qualified ACA ideally from a mid-size audit firm/Big 4 to join their London team.
About the role
You will be instrumental in delivering an efficient and effective Financial Control framework, primarily for our regulated entity in the UK, and across our global operations. The Finance and Tax team is a commercially focused, business partnering team, where you will work with key business control owners throughout the organisation.
- You’ll support the development of a culture of ownership and accountability for identifying and initiating change that will improve processes, controls, and systems
- You’ll proactively engage with all functional areas across global operations, and external parties, undertaking an analytical review of processes, ensuring appropriate controls are in place and advising on improvements and efficiencies to provide timely reporting to external parties.
- You’ll support both the local audit and the wider Group audit, collaborating with colleagues in London and across Europe,
- Qualified accountant with financial services experience (not essential)
- Mid-Size/Small Audit ACA is desired or Big 4 is fine if can show practical experience (i.e. accounts prep)
- IFRS and Swiss GAAP and Tax expertise
- Consolidation experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
- External stakeholder management including liaising with external auditors and regulators
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
- Have an understanding of financial services
- Experience in a FinTech environment is preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or Google Suite preferred