- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- £50,000 – £80,000 base salary plus bonus/stock options
- Full time
FinTech Startup - Devops Engineer (AWS, Linux, Python)
My client is a rapidly growing FinTech startup founded by well-known names in Quantitative Finance from leading investment banks. They deliver a cloud-based platform bringing the architectural model of investment bank systems to a broad enterprise audience. With their open architecture, transparent source code, and automated infrastructure solutions, clients can build in-house functionality on a platform that has been proven at some of the largest financial institutions in the world. They give financial and quantitative developers the tools they need to focus on the business and deliver fully integrated applications for analytics, pricing, risk management for the business.
My client have had a very successful year, going from strength to strength and have brought on some leading blue chip clients. Due to business expansion, they are looking to hire an experienced Devops Engineer for their Infrastructure team in London. The team is responsible for automation of deployment of the infrastructure used by clients, deployment of customer environments, supporting customer and internal client infrastructure, and evaluating and deploying new technologies into the environment where appropriate. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a start-up environment working in a client facing role and to be part of a friendly, open, flat organization, hugely valuing technical talent, where Technologists make a significant technical and commercial contribution. Technology is the core of their business, so every technical contribution is inherently commercial and that gets expressed in how they run their business.
Technical Criteria include (but are not limited to)
- A Relevant Information Technology qualification and Microsoft Certifications beneficial.
- 2 – 6 years years’ of experience using Linux – open on industry
- Proven hands on experience with administering and troubleshooting Linux Servers (Ubuntu Linux or RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks- Python preferred
- Knowledge of Network Security and Networking Protocols, web application hosting environments and SCM (preferably Git)
- Experience with automation tooling and logging technologies
- Cloud Experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills at all levels, technical and non-technical
- Takes ownership of their work
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and on team projects
£50,000 – £80,000 base salary plus bonus/stock options