- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Coller Capital
- 06 Mar 18 2018-03-06
Coller Capital is the leading Private Equity Secondaries firm with three funds in active management, including the latest fund which closed in December 2015 at $7.2bn. This role will provide a high calibre candidate with the opportunity to work in a finance department which is dynamic, fast paced, evolving and entrepreneurial. It serves as a business partner to the front office and collaborates with both external fund managers and external service providers to deliver for investors.
The successful candidate will work primarily within the Investment Monitoring team (a subsection of the finance team) and while the primary tasks and responsibilities are outlined below, the role is high-profile and will provide a top calibre candidate with the opportunity to gain general private equity industry knowledge as well as experience across the full spectrum of finance and other functions at Coller Capital.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Existing investments:
- Monitoring investment valuations provided by underlying investment managers in “real time”, down to a portfolio company level, primarily through interpreting and capturing Financial Statement information.
- Managing complex underlying structures, and the teams administering them throughout a wide range of jurisdictions.
- Ongoing governance of investment performance in conjunction with the Investment Team and directly with Asset Managers. This entails probing information around funding requirements, exit assumptions and underlying performance improvement plans.
- Ensuring the accuracy and classification of cash flows related to investment positions are recorded in the bespoke Investment Monitoring system.
- New investments:
- Supporting the Deal teams (front office) with any required analysis such as fund exposure and historic performance.
- Tracking the progress of new deals and communicating any multi-currency funding, multi-region structuring and reporting requirements to the Administrators, Treasury, Deal Team and Execution Team.
- Knowledge built in new deals to be used in setting up and integrating investments and structures into existing systems and processes, and liaising with the relevant stakeholders, such as our Tax and Execution teams, to share knowledge and identify risks in deal structures both before and after deal closing.
- Cyclical work:
- Preparing a quarterly review pack documenting the work performed to obtain comfort over the funds’ valuations.
- Preparing and reviewing key reports for different stakeholders on a quarterly basis.
- Reviewing the weekly reconciliation between the Administrator’s system and Coller’s in-house system, checking for accuracy with attention to detail, and ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Other ad hoc work as required, which may include project work that encompasses working across multiple teams within the organisation.